Tuesday 8 October 2013

Welcome !

I am  P. Babu Manoharan , and I am glad to welcome all of you to my Blog milestonesofkanyakumari.blogspot.com 



Kanyakumari District is the southern most district in the state of Tamil Nadu  and also in India. It is known for its ancient culture, historical significance and heritage.

I am P. Babu Manoharan  and I reside in Nagercoil , Kanyakumari district,Tamil Nadu, India . I am really excited to meet all of you through my Blog milestonesofkanyakumari.blogspot.com.   I was born on the 20th September, 1945 in Nagercoil to Mr Paulwilliam and Ms Packiamuthu Paulwilliam . I did my High School studies at the famous S.M.S.M English High School, Suchindrum in Kanyakumari  District.. I did my undergraduate  college studies { PUC and BA ] at the famous Scott Christian College in Nagercoil and passed my BA in 1967, and I did my M.A [ Economics ] at the famous Jamal Mohamad College Trichy, [1967- 1969  ] and passed my MA in 1969
.
I married Ms  Ann Vanitha Selvados, B.Sc. B.Ed, on the 10th October 1973 at Calvary Lutheran Church , Nagercoil  and  we are blessed with three children namely :-[1] Ms. Sangeetha Neeraja , B.Sc, MSW, M.Sc [UK], [2] Mr Praveen Reuben , B.Sc [ Nursing ] and [3] Ms Anuraga  B.Pharm, .P.G. Diploma in Pharmacy UK .   My daughter Sangeetha is pursuing her PhD in UK, my son Reuben is working as Nursing Supervisor in U.K and my youngest daughter Anuraga is working as a registered Pharmacist in U.K . 

I have written some  Articles in English in Home Rule, my short stories had been published in Amuthasurabi, Pookkoodai [CLS], broadcasted in All India, etc, I have authored one Tamil Novel called Neeril Varaintha Oviyangal and three  books in English namely, [1]A Political Sling, [2]  Cry of an Artist's Palette and [3] Mr. C.M.AGUR, B.A and MANY OTHER MILESTONES .. I was a Rotarian and had served as the Secretary of the Rotary Club of Yarncity Nagercoil and also had served as the  Editor of the Rotayarn [ The  Club's Official News Bulletin ] for three times.
.
I love Reading, Painting, and Writing  

Since the days of the great Tamil scholar Tholkappiar till today, Kanyakumari District has been producing great personalities in various fields like Religion, Politics, Science, literature, Education etc. 

I would like to write about the valuable contributions and accomplishments made by the achievers known to me from Kanyakumari.Dist,  from  Tamil Nadu , India. and abroad,   for the joy of your reading and comments.
  ..

I hope you will enjoy my Blog\ and encourage me by your valuable and constructive  comments .

P.Babu Manoharan,M.A,. .





19 comments:

  1. Wow !! Look forward to getting some exciting info on my hometown !! All the best for your blog !

    Sanjit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new journey! Look forward to your interesting posts... Wish you the very best!

    Sangeetha Neeraja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While congratulating you on your attempt of innovation through this blog; may I request you to add fuel to the intellectual minds of our District to form part of the Kanyakumari District political stream. Our political system is soiled with the worst of development in the hands of our dirty, uninformed, selfish politicians. May you be a part of the change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging feedback ! Definitely will try in this regard. Your participation in the debate is welcome.

      Babu Manoharan.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to read more of your articles!

    -Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sir, I have been reading & analyzing your fascinating document on Mr C.M. Agur. I have found it interesting in the main because my Grandfather came from this area. He emigrated from South India in 1902 and died in Durban South Africa in 1939 (well before I was born). his name was Francis Masilamony. I believe that his father was originally a member of the Church of South India, but he converted to Catholicism to marry his wife from Pondicherrie, who was Catholic. I wonder if you have come across any references to this Family during your extensive research on C.M. Masillamoni? I have been searching a long long time. Thank you for your time.
    Leo Anthony
    Brisbane Australia
    nayra572011@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings to you and thanks for your comment and inquiry, if I come across any reference about Mr.Francis Masilamony definitely I will reply here.. Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your welcomed response.
    The only other information that may be of help to you, is that my Grandfather (Francis Masilamony B1880-D1939) had a brother, Anthony Masilamony.
    Anthony & his wife worked for the Indian Copper Corporation (ICC) in Ghatsila near Calcutta in the 1920-30’s.
    Anthony was in management and his wife was a matron nurse at the ICC on-site hospital. Unfortunately this was all my late Mother could tell me before she passed.

    I continue to read & re-read your very informative document.
    I am particularly interested in C.M. Agur’s brother “Christian”. Was it common for Families to name two sons the same name, i.e “Christian”?
    I have ordered C.M. Agurs’s book on the History of the Church.
    Hopefully it will give me more insight into the life & times of early Christians in South India.
    I was born in South Africa but my parents moved to Australia fifty years ago.
    My Family has both Christians, Hindus, Budhists, Muslims & Jews and we respect them all.
    My Grand Uncle was the Rev. Bernard Lazarus Sigamoney of Johannesburg, South Africa. Perhaps you have heard of him?
    Thank you for your time.
    Leo Anthony
    Brisbane
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings. I do appreciate you for your spontaneous thirst for micro history of your family. So glad to hear about your famous Grand Uncle Rev.Bernard Lazarus Sigamony of Johannesburg. I will be glad to know more about him and also about your family and children I will also try my best to trace your family link and roots . Glad you have ordered for the Church history of Travancore by Agur. All the best to you . Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings, I am so glad to know that you are related to the great Rev Bernard Lazarus Sigamony, just now I read some write ups on him, he was a great personality. I like my acquaintance with you. probably we may have a common root , All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sir, Thank you for your understanding in my '...thirst for micro history of (my) Family'. As I have said, I have been searching for a very long long time. I don't think many people in India understand my (and my extended Family's) desire to find our Indian roots. It is as if we are adrift in the darkness with no tangible connections to our South Indian ancestors. All I am attempting do is to reconnect with our roots - like most human beings we would like to know where we came from. People in India don't have to do this because they know where they come from; when they sit at the dining table they can ask any information about their roots, and someone will tell them; we do not have that luxury - there is no one to tell us, and worse we don't know who to ask. Thank you for listening to my story. I on behalf of my Family, thank you.
    Leo Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings to dear brother Leo Antony. I hope we can trace your roots, I really appreciate your longing to connect yourself with your family members in South India and specially Tamil Nadau. Please give me some idea about you and your immediate family. What is your profession, what are you doing in Australia and also give some idea about your father and mother and your children . We can use Rev. Bernard Sigamony as a tracing main link and find out your roots. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sir. Thank you for your kind comments & interest. I would certainly like to tell you more about me (personally & immediately), but not in such an open forum such as this. Perhaps if I can do so via facebook, if that is acceptable to you? May you & your Family receive special Blessings this Easter. Stay safe & well. Leo Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter greetings to all of you . My facebook account
    Babumanoharan Paulwilliam , what is your facebook account . is it Leo Antony , please give a facebook friend request I will accept it and we can be FB friends and in FB Messenger we can discuss many things. All the best to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Sir, apologies for lateness in responding. My facebook seems to be experiencing problems. I'm not sure whether it has something to do with thousands of facebook accounts being compromised. I will check over the next few days & see what happens. Thank you for your patience. Leo Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative, thanks for posting such informative content. Expecting more from you.
    Pillai Matrimonial Services

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nagercoil offers an array of inviting accommodations catering to every traveler's needs, including Hotel Vijayetha. Whether you seek the comfort of a cozy guesthouse, the luxury of a resort, or the convenience of a budget-friendly hotel, our guide to Nagercoil's top places to stay ensures a memorable and comfortable visit to this vibrant city.

    ReplyDelete